Ye Olde Boar's Head
Ye Olde Boar's Head is thought to date back to at least 1587.
The Sessions House was added to the inn during the early 1800s and this was the local court for Middleton. Local justice was administered from the Sessions House; people were tried, convicted and even sent to the gallows.
According to local legend, a secret tunnel exists which links the inn and the parish church which is on the hill opposite, however no trace of this has ever been found.